What Personally-Identifiable Information Is Collected?
CCI collects personally-identifiable information (“Personal Info”) on certain areas of the Site when users register, submit or request information or a response. The personally-identifiable information collected may include, without limitation, your company or organization affiliations, and contact information (names, mailing and e-mail addresses, phone/fax numbers).
How May My Personal Info Be Used?
CCI uses your Personal Info to fulfill your requests for information and to process your requests to receive newsletters or participate in events. CCI may also use Personal Info in analyzing Site user behavior in order to measure interest in specific items posted on our Site. The e-mail addresses provided allow CCI to send e-mail to individuals based on the areas of interest that they indicate.
Is Personally-Identifiable Information Disclosed to Third Parties?
CCI will not intentionally disclose (and will take commercially reasonable steps to prevent the accidental disclosure of) your Personal Info to third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates of CCI), whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise, subject only to the following five exceptions:
- CCI may disclose your Personal Info to third parties as required or permitted by the laws, rules, and regulations of any nation, state, or other applicable jurisdiction;
- CCI may disclose your Personal Info to third parties who deliver information from us to you for the purpose of performing such delivery;
- CCI may disclose your Personal Info if, in connection with submitting the information, you consent to such disclosure;
- CCI may disclose contact information for you in response to inquiries by bona-fide rights owners in connection with allegations of infringement of copyright or other proprietary rights arising from information you have posted on the Site or otherwise provided to CCI;
- If CCI and/or any of its affiliates merges with or sells substantially all of its assets or a majority of its equity to a third party, information collected by CCI or such affiliates on their Web sites may be disclosed to and owned by the merged entity or third party.
Links to Third-Party Sites
We may provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our users. In addition, some of the content appearing to be on this Site may be supplied by third parties, for example, in instances of framing of third- party Web sites or incorporation through framesets of content supplied by third-party servers. We cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection and privacy practices of such third-party Web sites, which may differ from those of this Site.
CCI has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect Personal Info from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized CCI personnel are provided access to Personal Info, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, CCI cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your Personal Info.
Transborder Hosting and Transfer of Information
The Site may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries (such as the United States) that may not have laws regulating the use and transfer of personally-identifiable data. By using the Site and submitting such information on it, you voluntarily consent to such transborder transfer and hosting of such information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
CCI understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an on-line environment. The Site is not intentionally designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and CCI will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13.
Contact Our Privacy Department