CCI Surety is a national leader in utilizing the US SBA Bond Guarantee Program
The SBA Bond Guarantee Program is designed to help small businesses obtain the bonds they need to participate on larger projects that require bonds. In recent years the program has been streamlined to help make it more accessible. CCI is experienced in utilizing the program and helps many contractors each year obtain bonds they might not have otherwise been able to obtain.
Top Performing Bond Agency in 2017
In a press release from the SBA on November 7th, 2017, CCI Surety was listed as the Top Performing Bond Agency in 2017. CCI Surety utilizes the SBA Bond Guarantee (SBG) Program to help contractors that have a difficult time obtaining bonds. You can see the entire list at the SBA website.
Pictured Below, CCI Surety receives the last official Surety Bond Producer of the Year Award
SBA Bond Requirements
- Project Size
- Up to 2x the largest completed project. $6.5M single bond maximum on all contracts and up to $10M on federal projects.
- Up to 15x-20x available working capital (for all projects).
- Current unused Bank Lines of Credit are included as working capital.
- Contractors with negative working capital may also be eligible using additional tools.
- Business Size
- Allowable business sizes are based on total sales and the number of employees and are determined by the company’s NAICS code. Total sales can be as much as $33.5M in some cases.
- Financial Documents
- Small contractors have varying levels of financial reporting and the SBA Bond Program allows for varying levels of reporting based on contract size. One time exceptions to standard financial requirements may be allowed for some SBA Bond requests.
– Fiscal Year End (FYE) statement prepared within 90 days
– Minimum 6-month interim statement
– Bank line verification
Financial Statement Requirements:
|Under $400K||No Financials||No Financials||SBA Quick Program|
|$400K to $1.0M||In-House||In-house||(Standard requirements)|
|$1.0M – $2.0M||In-House*||In-House*||*AP/AR Aging Reports, Current Long-term Debt, Year to Year Tracking|
|$2.0M – $3.0M||Review||Compilation||(Standard requirements)|
(For Negative or Insufficient Working Capital)
Escrow Agreements/Funds Control + 5% Escrow Deposit: The SBA Bond Program recognizes the value of utilizing escrow agreements and funds control to potentially mitigate risk on projects. SBA Bonds can be issued by utilizing an escrow agreement and funds control process in addition to a 5% working capital deposit into the escrow account. This allows CCI Surety to potentially issue an SBA Bond on accounts with negative working capital.
Additional Options: Although not typically used, additional forms of collateral or other considerations such as third party indemnity can also be utilized to approve a contractor for SBA Bonds.
Please contact us to see how the SBA Bond Program can apply to you or your client.
Please Note: We can always get started working on SBA Bond submissions or applications that you have already prepared for other markets.
CCI Surety, Inc. specializes in SBA bonds that may have previously been declined by other sureties. We use tools which allow us the freedom to think outside the box with our underwriting strategy. CCI Handles difficult accounts using funds control, SBA Surety Bond Guarantee program and working capital deposits as different options to get the bond approved. CCI can also provide SBA Bonds through the SBA Quick Program which utilizes a short application and no financials required.
Contract SBA Bonds
– Multiple Markets
– Can Provide A+ rated bonds
– $3M in-house authority, up to $15M from home office
– Quick Turn around
– No Agency Requirements
– 2017 Top National Producer of SBA Bonds
– 2012 National SBA Bond Producer of the Year
– Potential to approve bonds even with negative working capital
– SBA Bond Program now covers bonds up to $6.5M and in some cases $10M
– Standard and Non-Standard Bonds
– Experienced staff specialized in handling Commercial Bond needs
– License and Permit, Fidelity, ERISA, Business Services and Court Bonds
– Miscellaneous Bonds
Have any idea to make this website easier to use? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Southeast Region office handles SBA Bond business in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Our Home Office handles SBA Bond Business in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, California, Hawaii, Alaska, and Washington D.C.